Build Your Enrollments: Sales Techniques That Work
You’re in the business of getting enrollments. That means part of your job is sales. Getting beyond the ick-factor of associating the noble and good profession of education young children as “sales” is important. You have a lot to offer; selling it is how you deliver it. And grow your business.
Childcare Coach Kris Murray points out that by not using proven techniques and follow-up routines, "you're actually pushing your potential customers...into the hands of your competition."
So how do you or the staff you're training get in the right frame of mind to do this? After the tour is over, it’s your time to get the enrollment. Welcome the new family into your community. It’s time to close the sale.
Here are 3 ways to get enrollments without feeling pushy:
The Summary Close
You just showed a prospective family all of the features and benefits of enrolling in your school. The summary close retells the story of "why.
For example, “Our curriculum focuses on kindergarten readiness, we have indoor and outdoor playgrounds, and you can check in on your child anytime using WatchMeGrow streaming video. What day would you like to start?”
Prepare your story and commit it to memory; this will give you a chance to write the summary that feels most compelling. Train all of your staff that gives tours to use it.
The Question Close
Every touring family has a unique set of priorities. After spending time with them on the phone and in person, you have a pretty good sense of what this is. Ask an overarching question at the end of your conversation that serves to remind them why your school is the right place for them.
- “This is your first time considering a childcare center, will checking in on your daughter using our streaming video service help give you the peace of mind you are looking for?”
- “Your daughter thrives on music. Do our music curriculum and enrichment programs feel like a good opportunity to help her develop this?”
- “Can you see your son benefiting from the kindergarten prep program here?”
The "Proof is in the Pudding" Close
Retailers selling a product can use guarantees and warranties to help customers overcome their fear of taking a risk. Touring parents understand that they will make the best decision they can, select a school in which to enroll, then look for signs they did the right thing over time.
If you offer WatchMeGrow streaming video, you can offer them instant trust in knowing you mean it when you say you’re the best choice. Check-in anytime and see for yourself.
Streaming camera systems build instant trust and help turn every tour into an enrollment. WatchMeGrow is the most trusted leader in camera systems created for childcare.
Find out how easy it is to add a WatchMeGrow system to your school or center.
Schedule a Demo with our team today.
- Can Child Care Center Cameras be “Hacked”?
- 2021 Child Care Business Rebound: Creative Ways to Help It Along
- How To Choose the Best Child Care or Child-Centered Franchise for You
- Ultimate Guide to Building Childcare Enrollment
- How to Make the Most of Fellow Entrepreneurs During COVID-19
- Is Your Childcare Streaming Video System Secure?
- How to Raise Tuition without Raising Eyebrows
- When a Touring Family Says “No Thank You”