Screenshot and Video Recording Prevention and Detection
We've launched a feature that detects and protects against screenshots and video recording on the WatchMeGrow app.
The privacy of children in your care is so important. That’s why we have terms of service that prohibit users from taking screenshots or recordings of video streaming from your school. By adding a feature that detects and protects against screenshots and video recording, we’re doing even more to protect privacy.
Due to the differing capabilities of iOS and Android, the feature works differently between the two mobile platforms. Specifically:
For iOS Users: The new feature prevents recording video. It also detects when a screenshot is taken within the app, and immediately displays a message indicating that screenshots are a violation of our terms of service. Users must click "OK" to resume use of the app.
For Android Users: The new feature prevents recording video, and prevents screenshots of video from being taken within the app.
About Screenshot Prevention & Detection
Is the feature in place for all users?
The feature is live for all users of our latest iOS and Android apps. There is no action required to turn it on.
Are users notified with a message that they cannot take a screenshot or record video?
- iOS and Android users are blocked from recording video.
- Android users are blocked from taking a screenshot.
- iOS users are presented with a message when they take a screenshot.
Does this work differently for Admin users of the app?
The feature works exactly the same for administrators and parent users.
Run Your Childcare Business Better
Our development team continually adds new software features based on our customers' needs. As we innovate, this feature and others will evolve to include even more ways to help you run your childcare business better.
- Virtual Tours During Social Distancing: Adapting Your Business in a Crisis
- Is Your Childcare Streaming Video System Secure?
- How to Get More Online Reviews For your Childcare Center
- Getting the Enrollment: Close the Sale without Being “Salesy”
- How to Raise Tuition without Raising Eyebrows
- When a Touring Family Says “No Thank You”