Your School’s Guide to Millennial Parents
You’ve read about them, you’ve met them, you might even be one of them. Millennial parents are one of the most studied and storied groups of consumers in history. And they are your primary customers.
This year, 80% of new parents will be Millennials. That means 8 out of every 10 tours through your childcare center will be with these young parents.
50% of Millennials are Moms.
The number of Millennial parents is growing fast. They are the largest generation since the Baby Boomers. The oldest Millennials are turning 36 in 2017, the youngest are turning 18. They will be your primary customer for the foreseeable future.
Millennials spend more than 17 hours a week on social networking sites.
This is a staggering 4 more hours than parents of other generations. What’s more, 9 out of 10 Millennial moms are likely to share information about goods and services in person, online or both several times every week.
And, they have big influence on social media.
A whopping 97% of Millennial moms and 93% of dads find social media helpful to their parenting. Millennial parents are more likely to have older, non-Millennial parents seek them out for advice when making buying decisions.
They feel pressure to compete in parenting.
Nearly 80% of millennial moms claim it’s important to be “the perfect mom,” a higher percentage than both Gen X and Boomer mothers, and 64% believe that parenting is more competitive today than it used to be.
88% say they don’t want to be a “Helicopter Parent”.
They are the children of Baby Boomers, who notoriously became helicopter parents. But Millennials don’t want to recreate their overprotected childhoods. A significant number say they are trying to avoid becoming a helicopter parent, and 62% say “I have or will let my children play unsupervised.”
They cherish tools to stay in touch.
Millennial moms’ primary objective in using technology is for scheduling and to stay in touch with their busy families. 65% of them use five or more separate technologies each day including video, blogs and wireless devices to multi-task.
Millennial Parents use WatchMeGrow to fill a major consumer need: connectivity.
There are more than 250,000 parents and family members in the U.S. using WatchMeGrow streaming video service in their childcare center.
83% of users are using WatchMeGrow from their desktop computers, 11% use their smartphones, and 6% use their tablet.
The average time spent with WatchMeGrow is just less than 7 minutes each time a user visits the site.
The majority of parents log in to WatchMeGrow between 8am and 1pm during the workweek.
Mondays and Wednesdays are the most popular days to check in on their children in childcare. Fridays have the fewest number of parents checking in.
- 96% of WatchMeGrow grow users are in the U.S.; the remaining 4% are family members in 120 other countries.
Meredith’s Parents Network, Communicating with Millennial Moms
Maximizing Millennials in the Workplace, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
Google Analytics, WatchMeGrow
- How To Choose the Best Child Care or Child-Centered Franchise for You
- Ultimate Guide to Building Childcare Enrollment
- How to Make the Most of Fellow Entrepreneurs During COVID-19
- Planning Your Grand Reopening in a Post-Coronavirus World
- How to Stay Engaged with Your Childcare Business Customers and Bring Them Back
- How to Do Virtual Tours During Social Distancing at your Childcare Center
- Is Your Childcare Streaming Video System Secure?
- How to Get More Online Reviews For your Childcare Center
- How to Enroll Every Touring Family at Your Childcare Center
- How to Raise Tuition without Raising Eyebrows
- When a Touring Family Says “No Thank You”
- How to Use Facebook and Instagram to Grow Your Childcare Business