How to Build a Team that Values Punctuality
Punctuality is a virtue that is valued by everyone--in business and in life. In your business, it’s an important part of the quality education and care you deliver. If it seems like a daunting task to get your entire team to value it as much as you do, try some of these approaches:
Be on time yourself.
If you want it to be important to your team, show them it’s important to you. Be consistently on time; everyone will notice.
Set the expectation clearly.
Tell your team the specifics of expected arrival time for everyone. Establish what it means, specifically, when you say “on time.” For example, arriving in the parking lot at 8am is likely not your definition, but being in the classroom with your personal items put away and ready to start your day at 8am is.
Ask for help.
Ask employees for their input on what motivates them to come to work on time. Consider the ideas that seem logical and effective and use them to create ownership among your team. This will help you accomplish your goal in the long run.
Talk about it at the interview.
Establish the importance of being punctual during interviews with new staff. Even before you've offered them a position on the team, they will be clear on the high value you place on being on time and that it will contribute to their success on your team.
- How To Choose the Best Child Care or Child-Centered Franchise for You
- Ultimate Guide to Building Childcare Enrollment
- How to Make the Most of Fellow Entrepreneurs During COVID-19
- Planning Your Grand Reopening in a Post-Coronavirus World
- How to Stay Engaged with Your Childcare Business Customers and Bring Them Back
- How to Do Virtual Tours During Social Distancing at your Childcare Center
- Is Your Childcare Streaming Video System Secure?
- How to Get More Online Reviews For your Childcare Center
- How to Enroll Every Touring Family at Your Childcare Center
- How to Raise Tuition without Raising Eyebrows
- When a Touring Family Says “No Thank You”
- How to Use Facebook and Instagram to Grow Your Childcare Business