Keeping the Family Connected No Matter the Distance
When Julie and Dave began looking for child care for their 3-year old daughter Madison, they were blown away by the program offered at Doodle Bugs! of Cheektowaga, NY. The only center to offer WatchMeGrow in the area, streaming video made their decision easy.
What Julie didn’t realize is how this would impact Nana, Madison’s grandmother, in such a profound way. Julie’s mother lives 3,000 miles away in San Diego and only sees Madison twice a year. Julie was able to request WatchMeGrow access for her.
Airport goodbyes can be really tough for Madison after a wonderful visit with Nana. Because she uses WatchMeGrow, she can say, “I’ll see you tomorrow at school,” and mean it.
Nana logs in twice a week through her computer or the WatchMeGrow app to see Madison in her classroom. Doodle Bugs! invites parents and grandparents to login to WatchMeGrow for special center events. Recently,Nana was able to see Madison march in the Dr. Seuss parade. She plans to also “be there” for the Mother’s Day celebration in May.
“Madison’s face lights up when she hears that Nana saw her in the school parade,” Julie said. Julie's mom sent a message to Doodle Bugs! saying, “It’s so nice to be able to see my granddaughter every day that she is in school. I just can’t thank you enough for this.”
According to Carly Bruce, director of the Cheektowaga Doodle Bugs! center, WatchMeGrow streaming video is part of their top ten Doodle Differences—the unique features that set them apart from their competitors. Enrolled families receive password-protected logins that can be used on any device, allowing them to see their child’s classroom, outdoor and indoor playgrounds.
“We love that WatchMeGrow can keep parents—and the rest of the family—connected to their children during the school day,” Bruce said.
- How To Choose the Best Child Care or Child-Centered Franchise for You
- Ultimate Guide to Building Childcare Enrollment
- How to Make the Most of Fellow Entrepreneurs During COVID-19
- Planning Your Grand Reopening in a Post-Coronavirus World
- How to Stay Engaged with Your Childcare Business Customers and Bring Them Back
- How to Do Virtual Tours During Social Distancing at your Childcare Center
- Is Your Childcare Streaming Video System Secure?
- How to Get More Online Reviews For your Childcare Center
- How to Enroll Every Touring Family at Your Childcare Center
- How to Raise Tuition without Raising Eyebrows
- When a Touring Family Says “No Thank You”
- How to Use Facebook and Instagram to Grow Your Childcare Business